Reading Comprehension

Hello!

I am a beginner and I have just cloned the repository. Now I would like to use the reading-comprehension component of this project to see how it work. But there is no specific readme which explains step by step how it works. At least I can’t find it.

An orientation please?

Hello! I’m lost. Please help

Thomas–check out https://demo.allennlp.org/reading-comprehension and look at the “Usage” tab. Does that help you get started?

Peace. Michael

What if my passage is very large? I want to put software documentation as the passage and have users ask questions. Is this the intent? or is there a different model that is more suited for that task?

If this is the right model for the task, is there a way to “read” the documentation once, and only take the question as the input?

@tantanchen, we don’t have a model that is trained specifically for that use case; you could try the models in our demo and see what they do, but I would guess they would take a very long time to run on very large documents.

There are methods that “read” things once and just take the question as input; see, e.g., recent papers by Minjoon Seo. There might be code / models available for those papers, I’m not sure. But we don’t have anything like that implemented already ourselves.